February's Five Faves

March 08, 2013

Hi guys, happy Friday!!

Time for my second post to the monthly series "Five Faves". If you missed my "January's Five Faves" post, click here :)

Here are my favorite things from the past month, enjoy!


MAC satin lipstick in "Faux". I love the MAC satin lipsticks for their soft, cream
y, moisturizing texture. I have lips that are usually dry or a bit chapped, so a very dry matte lipstick does NOT work for me. This one is great on my lips AND this shade is now one of my favorite every day wears.


MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Natural in "Medium Plus".  This is exactly what I've been looking for for quite some time now. I have quite oily, shiny skin and after applying foundation I definitely need some kind of powder to set it. This is a face powder with minerals, slowly baked to provide a natural-matte finish. MAC even tells you to use this powder to set foundation and/or as a touch-up throughout the day. It's very low coverage so if I need more coverage I'll use my MAC Studio Fix powder in "NW25" over my foundation and then throughout the day I'll use this Mineralize powder to touch-up. If I would touch-up with the Studio Fix powder, my makeup would quickly become cakey and it wouldn't help with the shine. Big thumbs up from me for this product!

Covergirl LashBlast Volume & L'Oréal Extra Volume Collagen mascaras in black. I've always loved the Covergirl LashBlast mascara. It's something I always go back to after using a high-end mascara or just any other mascara (in this case, I finished my Diorshow mascara). But, I discovered this mascara combination in Elle Fowler's latest video on her YouTube channel "AllThatGlitters21" - click here for the video. She talks about a combination of 3 mascaras (yes...that's THREE...a bit extensive but, ya know, who cares?) and since I already own the Covergirl LashBlast, I thought I'd purchase the L'Oréal Collagen mascara and try it out. Underneath I used my Dior lash serum, as always. Then, using Elle's advice, I applied one coat of the LashBlast and then two coats of the L'Oréal. I have to say, I really like it! You get thick, dark lashes that almost look fake. If you like the look of a lot of mascara, definitely try this out :)

Pinterest. Moving on to my non-beauty favorites: Pinterest! I'm sure you all know (and love) this site. It's a tool for collecting and organizing things you love. Pinterest has a humongous community of millions of people. You create a profile for free, name your boards, and pin away! Meaning, you can look at other people's images which they have on their boards and "re-pin" them to your board (and "follow" their boards so their images come straight into your feed) or you can pin basically any image from the internet. This way, you can collect all the images you love in one workspace.
For example, as you can see, I have a board called "Wedding". I'm not getting married anytime soon, but I know a wedding is in my future and I have quite specific ideas for how it should look & feel. There are so many beautiful things you see on the internet, and it's so hard to remember everything - Pinterest to the rescue. If I see an image I like (of a dress, hairstyle, decor item, anything) I pin it to my Wedding board and then when the time comes to organize my wedding, I can gather ideas and inspiration from my board. Easy as that :)





Q and A a day: 5 year journal. I've actually already mentioned this journal here. I've been loving it! It's such a cute idea as an alternative to the traditional diary or journal. I've always been too lazy to keep a daily diary, so I thought this was the perfect book for me. Every day you answer a different question. You write down the year and your answer, which can be just a few words or 2 - 3 sentences. The question stays the same for each day. Meaning, for the next 5 years, on March 8th, I will answer the question that's designated for this day. So unique & a great keepsake for the future!

Hope you enjoyed this post :)

What have been your faves in February?? I'm curious to know ;) Leave a comment below!

Till next time...

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Disclaimer

All opinions and photography on this blog are my own unless otherwise stated.