The Best Base for Summer

July 03, 2014

best-base-for-summer-lipsticks-and-chocolates-blog-1

This combination of products has been my trusty go-to base for this season. Even after a few weeks, it's still working and I still love it.

I have quite oily and acne-prone skin, so finding a good foundation for the warmer months is quite difficult. I don't want to need to constantly de-oil my face and apply layer after layer of powder, only to look too cakey in the end.

So, this is my solution :)

best-base-for-summer-lipsticks-and-chocolates-blog-2

After cleansing, toning and moisturizing my skin, I apply a small amount of the Smashbox Photo Finish Foundation Primer. It's oil-free, minimizes your pores and keeps your makeup from sliding about (and it hasn't broken me out, so yay!)

best-base-for-summer-lipsticks-and-chocolates-blog-3

Since I'm always recovering from some kind of pimples and spots, I always have some kind of scarring. This is the perfect product to use for those types of cover-ups. I picked up this Boi-ing Concealer by Benefit whilst on holiday in Serbia and since we don't have Benefit Cosmetics in Switzerland, I'm definitely buying a new one during my next trip to the USA in two weeks. As you can see, I've used it a TON.

best-base-for-summer-lipsticks-and-chocolates-blog-4

And this, my friends, is the most glorious product out of the bunch: the Estée Lauder Double Wear All-Day Glow BB Moisture Makeup. I first read about it on Fleur's blog and she gave it a great review. The facts that lured me into checking it out and eventually buying it:
- SPF 30
- Medium coverage (great for summer)
- oil-free
- long-lasting

best-base-for-summer-lipsticks-and-chocolates-blog-5

best-base-for-summer-lipsticks-and-chocolates-blog-6

I find the consistency is thicker and creamier than the usual "western" BB creams. I use my hands to blend it into my skin and it just stays put! It gives my skin a beautiful glow without getting oily, which is super important for me. The only downside is the price, of course. It's VERY pricey here in Switzerland so I'm definitely picking up a new tube in the US (this is the shade 2.0, by the way).

best-base-for-summer-lipsticks-and-chocolates-blog-7

The lady at the Estée Lauder counter recommended using this Perfecting Loose Powder in Light over the BB cream for some extra help against oiliness. My first thought was that I shouldn't have bought yet another powder BUT I'm so glad I did - it's so good! I use this once in the morning right after applying the BB makeup and I think it really helps in fighting against the oiliness. Especially on very hot days I've noticed my skin looking pretty darn great in comparison with how it used to look.

best-base-for-summer-lipsticks-and-chocolates-blog-8

best-base-for-summer-lipsticks-and-chocolates-blog-9

With a big, fluffy brush I then apply the Benefit Hoola bronzer to my temples and right underneath my cheekbones. I use it as a contour/giving my skin a nice, tanned glow. I also purchased this in Serbia so I'll have to pick up a new one in the US, since I'm already hitting pan here as well!

And to top it all off, I use the MAC Pro Longwear Blush in Rosy Outlook on the apples of my cheeks. I tend to also pull my brush backwards and upwards from the apples of my cheeks to get some color on my cheekbones as well. I bought this powder in a MAC store in Poland in May and I've been using it every day since then - it's perfect for my skin color!

best-base-for-summer-lipsticks-and-chocolates-blog-10

best-base-for-summer-lipsticks-and-chocolates-blog-11

best-base-for-summer-lipsticks-and-chocolates-blog-12

Last but not least, for touch-ups throughout the day, I use the Chanel Les Beiges Healthy Glow Sheer Colour in the shade 20. I just picked up a new one recently and it's the second time I've purchased it. It's incredibly light and doesn't get cakey on the skin. And - it has SPF 15!

best-base-for-summer-lipsticks-and-chocolates-blog-13

Here are some (goofy) photos of me wearing this whole combination. They're just random iPhone pics but you get the jist of it.

best-base-for-summer-lipsticks-and-chocolates-blog-14

best-base-for-summer-lipsticks-and-chocolates-blog-15

Which foundation / makeup do you like to use in the warmer months? 


*This post is NOT sponsored. All opinions are my own.*

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. I loved reading this post! Your makeup combo sounds so good. I'd love to try the Estee Lauder BB cream, I've heard so many great things about their products! You look gorgeous. :)

    The Sunday Chapter
    Angela xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your sweet comment, Angela! Ya, they definitely have some great stuff worth trying out, but I guess the price is always a factor to consider. Let me know if you end up trying out the BB, I'd love to hear what you think! xx have a good day :)

      Delete

Disclaimer

All opinions and photography on this blog are my own unless otherwise stated.