Face Of The Day: Testing KIKO & YSL

November 09, 2013

Hi guys! I thought I'd share my "Face Of The Day" today since I'm testing out some new products. 


This was me this morning, please don't mind the wierd expression on my face, I was in no mood this morning, haha...

Today I'm trying out my new KIKO Makeup Milano eyeshadows which I purchased in Venice a week ago (HAUL coming soon!). They're neutral shades, and here I used one which is a shimmery champagne shade and I used a matte brown in the crease. 


I also didn't have any natural lighting for these photos so they didn't come out the greatest, but hey, I'm workin with what I got.

I'm also trying out the YSL Youth Liberator Serum Foundation. I've heard and read a lot of love online for this foundation so I thought I'd go by a YSL counter and ask for a sample. This is by the way a great way to try out a foundation without buying it right away. Most counters will give you a sample for free which should be enough for at least one use. This way you can wear the foundation all day and see how you like it and how your skin reacts to it. This liquid foundation is medium-to-full coverage, has SPF 20 and "skin-firming" benefits. It's obviously meant for more mature skin but I was really curious. 

I applied it at about 10 a.m. and now it's 5 p.m. and I must say I quite like it. It's not as full-coverage as I thought it would be, which surprised me and let me down a bit. But, luckily, it's not too heavy for my skin which can get quite oily and shiny throughout the day. We'll see if I have enough product in my sample container for another use :)



This is the sample which I received at the counter and the lady working their recommended I try the shade B30 and it's a perfect match for my skin - so kudos to her!

They obviously don't fill up the sample all the way but they are quite generous so that's a plus, seeing as the foundations are hella expensive.


Speaking of sample containers, here's a little tip: 
I've heard many YouTubers/bloggers complain about when they use the MAC Pro Longwear Concealer, that the bottle pumps out way too much at once - which is true, it does! (And, this concealer is awesome so it's a real waste to have to wash off excess concealer.)
A few months ago I went to the MAC counter and asked for the concealer in the shade NW20 and apparently this shade is really common and sells out really quickly so the lady working there was kind enough to send me home with a sample of it to use for a while. And the sample lasted for a long time, since you never really use that much concealer on a daily basis. The next time I went in she re-filled my sample since they were still sold out, but the third time I went I was finally able to buy the 9ML bottle! So here's my tip: ask for a little sample container and re-fill this with your concealer every few days. This way, you can only use as much product as you need and you won't have to wash away excess concealer which gets pumped out of the bottle!


And finally, on my lips, I'm wearing my new MAC Cremesheen Glass in Private Party. This lipgloss is part of my MAC Holiday Haul which is COMING SOON on the blog!



It's a gorgeous shade and I actually used the lipstick in the same shade as a lip stain (more on that in the MAC haul) and then applied the lipgloss over top. I think it's so pretty and the shade is very berry-like so perfect for the fall & winter.

Hope you enjoyed today's post & keep your eyes peeled for those two hauls mentioned ;)


You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. i'm curious about that YSL foundation. it seems like every other day i find a post about it in my blogreader.
    i cant wait to see what you got from the MAC Holiday collections.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know, tell me bout it! That's what moved me to finally go try it, since everyone is raving that it gives such an "airbrush" finish. I have to say, it didn't give me such unbelievable results but it's still a nice product. But I'm not rushing out to spend CHF 90.- on it...
    :) I'm excited to share what I got soon!

    ReplyDelete

Disclaimer

All opinions and photography on this blog are my own unless otherwise stated.